General Purpose:Pharmacy Technicians assist the pharmacist in the preparation and distribution of medications, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintaining patient and pharmacy records in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, as well as pharmacy policies and procedures.
Pharmacy technician activities are performed under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
* Read and interpret physician's medication orders.
* Prepare and package chemotherapy medications and other medications requiring special handling in accordance with safety measures.
* Aid in filling, processing, and dispensing medications.
* Re-package and label medications. * Adhere to safety practices to ensure quality care for patients.
* Help maintain the drug inventory through inventory control practices.
* Provide customer service by answering phone calls in a prompt and courteous manner* Triage requests and prioritize them.
* Check for expiration dates on medications on a regular basis.
* Administers immunization (e.g., Influenza vaccine, COVID-19 vaccine) to patients.
* Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
* May have access to personal health information (PHI) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Parameters of access, use and disclosure are further defined by the organization or department.Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* Current pharmacy technician registration/certification.
* Current state license in good standing.
* Two (2) years’ experience as a pharmacy Technician and/or as defined by the contracting employer.
* Able to provide proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS) Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required: * Meets the requirements of federal and/or state criminal and abuse background checks where applicable.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the healthcare team, both clinical and non-clinical.
* Demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with multiple changes.
* Able to work as a member of a team, including but not limited to managing stress appropriately, making decisions under pressure, and handling multiple priorities.
* Able to manage anger/fear/hostility/violence of self and others.
* Proof of valid driver’s license if applicable.
* Meets applicable health requirements to provide patient care. Working Conditions & Physical Effort: * Work is performed in various health care settings and not limited to hospitals, retail stores, nursing homes, or assisted living facilities.
* Work environment involves frequent exposure to communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens and/or potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment (e.g., face masks, goggles, latex or non latex gloves).
* Work environment may involve occasional exposure to potential electrical shock, and to x-ray/electromagnetic energy.
* Able to spend varying amounts of time sitting, standing, and walking.
* Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer clients and to stand, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely and assist clients with standing and walking.
* Sufficient endurance to perform the required physical and mental tasks over long periods of time.
* Requires normal, correctable vision and hearing and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
* Requires excellent hand-eye coordination and fine motor function necessary to operate equipment safely and calculate/prepare medications and other procedures.
* Able to successfully work in areas that are confined and/or crowded.
* Medium physical activity may require frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 50 lbs.
Location/Region: Severn, MD (21144)