About Mason & Hanger, A Day & Zimmermann Company
At Mason & Hanger, you could call us a pioneer in the production of next generation, high-performance facilities! We provide architectural and engineering (A/E) services specializing in the worldwide design of secure, mission-driven facilities. Our staff is dedicated to finding innovative ways to create dynamic spaces. Think that’s cool? We’ve worked on thousands of projects in over 165 countries as a trusted partner of the U.S. federal government for more than two centuries. We’re building a more secure world. ® Come join in on our purpose – We put people to work, we protect American freedoms, and we help our customers power and improve the world!
We’re looking for a full-time, staff Senior Plumbing Designer to join our Mason & Hanger team located in Glen Allen, VA.
As the Senior Plumbing Designer, here’s the work you’ll do:
- The position will include design of compressed air systems, water treatment systems, and medical and/or lab gas systems.
- Perform field investigations and write technical reports.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated technical skill in designing complex plumbing systems, calculating flow requirements, and selecting equipment with limited guidance.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Highly proficient with department specific production software platforms (AutoCAD, Revit, Microstation, etc.).
- Understands design process, has strong knowledge of code requirements and client standards. Highly proficient designing M&H typical design projects. Able to layout multiple complex systems within a building, or across multiple buildings with progressively less direction from overseeing engineer. .
- Successful completion of background screening process.
The Big Picture – Top Skills You Should Possess:
- High School, GED or Technical Associates Degree
- 12+ years of experience in designing plumbing for government, commercial, institutional, industrial, or healthcare industries.
- Plumbing CPD required (plumbing discipline only)
- Experience/Knowledge with compressed air systems and natural gas piping
- Knowledge of solar water heating and rainwater harvesting systems
- Strong knowledge of International Plumbing Code (current and past versions) as well as understanding of additional design codes and specification requirements.
- AutoCAD/Revit Proficiency
We care about our employees and it shows. Our staff receive a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical/Rx, dental and vision coverage; life, AD&D and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; 100% paid maternity leave for up to 12 weeks, parental leave, family leave, other paid time off; voluntary benefits and discount programs to meet our employees’ individual needs including pet insurance for our furry family members!
Must be able to perform the following physical and mental tasks:
- Visual acuity (e.g., needed to prepare and analyze data, to transcribe documents, to view a computer, to read, to inspect objects, to operate machinery.
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions.
- Ability to write complex documents in the English language.
- Capacity to express thoughts orally.
What Are You Waiting For? Apply Now! Recruiter: Paul Bogart
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity
Day & Zimmermann is committed to maintaining an inclusive workforce, where employees are hired, retained, compensated and promoted based on their contributions to our Company. Our collective strength is rooted in over 110 years of diverse employees and businesses, commitment to success, and delivery on promises made. Federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status and disability status. Day & Zimmermann is committed to providing an equal opportunity work environment in full compliance with these laws. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation in the application process, please email
, and please specify which position you are interested in, including job title and location.
Location/Region: Glen Allen, Virginia