General Purpose: Social work services are provided for the continuous improvement of the total quality care as it relates to meeting the psychosocial needs of the patient/client.
Responsible for the provision of social work services including short-term individual counseling, community resource planning and crises intervention.
Services are provided in accordance with the patient’s plan of care, accepted standards of professional practice, applicable law and regulation, as well as applicable Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
* Assesses the psychosocial status, establishing, monitoring and delivering care as it relates to meeting the psychosocial needs of the patient/client, as directed by the physician’s plan of plan of care.
* Assists the physician and other health care team members in assessing and understanding the significant social and emotional needs related to the health problems of the patient/client.
* Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
* Develops the plan of care in consultation with the physician and other team members.
* Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
* Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
* Provides assistance to other team members in understanding the social, ethical and emotional factors related to health problems.
* Counsels and educates the patient and family in meeting healthcare related needs.
* Assists with the coordination of care of all assigned patients/clients to assess and identify needs and review the Interim HealthCare range of services resulting in achievement of expected goals, active participation in case conferences and making suggestions to appropriate supervisors.
* Reports on the condition of patient/client to the appropriate supervisor and other staff members.
* Effectively communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote coordination of patient care and planning for discharge.
* Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
* Completes and submits timely, legible, accurate, relevant and sufficient documentation (written or electronic) addressing the treatment and interventions provided, the and patient’s response to the treatment and interventions, and the patient’s progress toward goals in accordance with professional standards of practice, policy and procedures, and payor requirements.
* Utilizes and provides the patient/family with appropriate community resources as needed.
* Advises and consults with the family and/or other caregivers to promote patient progress.
* Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
* Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
* Participates in the Office’s Emergency Preparedness program, as requested.
* Performs other duties as required and requests.
* Accesses personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities.
Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization/department.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements: * Master or doctoral prepared graduate with a degree in social work from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
* State license to practice where applicable.
* One (1) year of social work experience in a health care setting.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:* Able to provide proof of current CPR certification, per organization-specific policy.
* Able to demonstrate basic understanding of computers and workplace software.
* Able to work with people, function well under stress, use clinical judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
* Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
* Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or tasks.
* Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient and use of equipment in providing treatment.
* Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the patient.
* Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient needs and scheduling.
* Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if applicable.
* Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport patient.Working Condition & Physical Effort: * Able to constantly travel within geographic area serviced by office from assignment to assignment.
* Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient care per applicable law or regulation.
* Work is normally performed in a residence, aggregate living facility, school or occupational setting.
* Occasional exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment (e.g.
face masks, goggles, latex and or non-latex gloves).
* Able to constantly stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and reach freely.
* Able to occasionally lift, reposition, and transfer patients.
* Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of palm, i.e.
manipulate pen, knobs or objects. * Light activity that may require occasional lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 20 lbs.
Location/Region: Newport News, VA (23606)