West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Data Analyst Associate - 2022
_Who We Are_
_At Capital One, we re building a leading information-based technology company.
Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking.
We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit.
We are succeeding because they are succeeding._
_Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued.
We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results.
We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing.
Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good._
In our 25 years as a founder-led public company, Capital One has grown from a small, credit card start-up that pioneered the use of predictive modeling into one of the largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic financial technology companies.
At Capital One, we believe our success is fueled by data-driven insights, deep customer understanding, and innovative business strategy.
We ve helped transform cities and communities by attracting incredibly talented associates with the audacity to think they can change the world and the humility to understand they need a whole lot of help to make it happen.
If you re interested in Capital One and a development program that enables you to build a strong foundation by focusing on deep analytical challenges and business strategy, then the Analyst Development Program is a great place to begin your career journey.
As part of the Analyst Development Program, you ll have access to:
- Hands-on experiences in two distinct roles in first two years
- Consistent, meaningful interactions with senior leadership
- Experiential training weeks focused on leadership development, strategic problem-solving exercises, and networking activities with your class
As a Data Analyst, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges.
This role will enable you to build skills that impact the bottom line through a data-driven approach to problem-solving.
You will perform as a data pioneer to drive recommendations and implement solutions.
You will do this by collaborating with colleagues across business, product, tech, sales, operations, design, data science, engineering, and finance in an environment that values your unique insights, encourages you to take on new responsibilities, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Through our best-in-class analytical practices, you ll help us quickly identify, build, and test our way to success.
In your role, you will: - Harness cloud-based tools and platforms to explore structured and unstructured data
- Use data mining techniques to identify fraud rings
- Test the effectiveness of our marketing channels
- Use modeling and analytics to understand how business decisions impact our bottom line.
- Build the data foundation for Capital One s digital agenda
- Optimize bank ATM placement through advanced data exploration
- Seamlessly integrate data from multiple sources and platforms to generate customer insight
- Explore new data sources to enhance models and build solutions that empower analytics
- Research web activities to drive enhancements to customer engagement sites
In this role, you ll learn to be:
- Curious & Analytical - You will ask why, explore, and bring your unique perspective to the table.
You ll grow comfortable with ambiguity, fueled by a hunger to learn and constantly seeking out new challenges.
- Technology-Driven - You stay on the edge of what s new and exciting in analytic platforms and how to build solutions.
Whether it s a passion for SQL or open source languages, you will find the right tool to build rock-solid analytics.
- Action-Oriented & Committed - You will be encouraged to act, try new things, and sometimes fail.
Roadblocks won t set you back, because you ll stay focused on your goals.
This job will teach you to get organized, juggle multiple deliverables, and prioritize your work while always utilizing data analysis, technology, and human centered design to understand how the solutions you are creating affect your customer.
- Up for a Challenge & Hardworking - Big, undefined, complex problems will be exciting for you.
You identify initial insights and continue forward to craft a well-rounded solution.
- Passionate & Customer-Focused - You will empathize with those around you and care about their success, as you bring people together around what s possible.
You will join passionate and talented people across the company to meet customers where they are and positively impact their lives.
- Communicative & Inclusive - You will practice communicating complex ideas clearly for your audience and keep everyone in the loop as you encounter setbacks or have huge wins.
- Collaborative & Team-Oriented - We thrive in a collaborative team environment.
As part of our crew, you will learn to energetically rally diverse groups in pursuit of a common goal.
- Innovative & Entrepreneurial - You will develop your entrepreneurial spirit and get excited about creating new businesses and reinventing current ones.
Your aptitude for and interest in building tech solutions will stand out.
Location/Region: Mc Lean, VA (22108)