West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Current Master's Student - Sr. Data Analyst
**Who We Are**
At Capital One, we re building a leading information-based technology company.
Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking.
We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit.
We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
__ *Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued.
We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results.
We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing.
Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
* **Senior Data Analyst Grad Campus**
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do.
When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988!
Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Data Analyst at Capital One you will leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
On any given day you will be challenged on three types of work Innovation, Business Intelligence and Data Management:
- Use Open Source/Digital technologies to mine complex, voluminous, and different varieties of data sources and platforms
- Build well-managed data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers
- Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives
- Partner with the business to provide consultancy and translate the business needs to design and develop tools, techniques, metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization
- Drive analysis that provides meaningful insights on business strategies
- Drive an understanding and adherence to the principles of data quality management including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
- Work collaboratively with appropriate Tech teams to manage security mechanisms and data access governance
- Build and execute tools to monitor and report on data quality
Location/Region: Mc Lean, VA (22108)