IBM is a leader in this global transformation, and there is no better place to launch or further your career.
World-class learning opportunities, mentoring and a flexible work environment -- you will find a wealth of opportunities within IBM to create the career you ve always imagined.
Your Role and Responsibilities As a Cognitive & Analytics Senior Consultant, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in technical, analytical and Watson solutions and services by infusing all things cognitive into all things digital and mobile, working with teams to help leading organizations solve business problems by gathering, understanding, preparing, and analyzing data to support efficient operations, strategic planning, and data-driven decision making.
INTELLIGENT CONNECTED OPERATIONS & AUTOMATION Senior Consultants apply process, data and operating model disciplines to deliver operational efficiencies and effectiveness for clients.
They support innovation across the value chain by leveraging emerging technologies to perform process diagnostic and benchmarking thru implementation of enterprise solutions.
They enhance clients ability to gather insight on constraints, gather insight of new data and drive standardization thru application of automation platforms.
COGNITIVE & ANALYTICS Senior Consultants provide business insights to IBM clients through innovative solutions and services for unstructured data using IBM's Watson Cognitive approach.
You will: - Leverage statistical, econometric, stochastic, operations research, predictive modeling, simulation, optimization (linear, mixed integer, constraint programming), and/or machine learning analytics techniques
- Utilize tools/programming languages including ILOG CPLEX, SPSS, SAS, R, Python, and Spark
- Define key business problems to be solved
- Formulate mathematical approaches and gather data to solve those problems, develop, analyze/draw conclusions, test solutions and present to the client
- Enhance performance by applying advanced mathematical modeling, data analytics, optimization, and machine learning techniques
- Utilize natural language processing by helping to understand the complexities of unstructured data
- Generate hypotheses and evaluate by applying advanced analytics to weigh and evaluate a panel of responses based on only relevant evidence
If your expertise is with unstructured data and advanced analytics, you ll successfully help clients:
- Apply semantic correlation, ontology and text analytics techniques and systems to analyze non-structured data and identify critical insights for overall business analytics across various domains as well as measuring the impact of change.
- Analyze text, streams, documents, social media, speech and video with emerging Hadoop-based big data, NoSQL, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Neural Nets, Search and Text analytics technologies and techniques.
- Utilize skills in Java or C++ development and a good understanding of working with Artificial Intelligence (AI) or other cognitive computing technology.
If your expertise is working with structured data, you ll successfully help clients:
- Apply methods, techniques & technologies that address data architecture, integration and governance of data
- Utilize experience in database concepts and data modeling
- Integrate data integration including applying methods, techniques & technologies to address design, architecture and the extraction, transformation, movement, storage of data.
- Work with Master data management, including customer data strategy, product data strategy and organizational hierarchy, and Information (data) Governance including strategy, implementation, business glossary, metadata and industry frameworks
- Deliver data mapping, detailed data analysis and metadata analysis
- Provide hands-on business knowledge while working with database developers, DBAs, architects, data quality analysts, and other teams and seamlessly managing client relationships within context of individual role.
Location/Region: Washington, DC (20001)