This opening is with Howmet Aerospace - a world leader in investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets.
For more information about Howmet Aerospace, visit us online at www.howmet.com .
Howmet has challenging opportunities for individuals who are excited to engage with us in growing our business.
Join us where you will be part of a dedicated team manufacturing high tech products, safely, accurately and efficiently.
You will perform a variety of hands-on operations in accordance with standardized processes within customer specifications.
- Driving standardized process management using the scientific method and six sigma tools
- Ensuring development and implementation of new materials and techniques rooted in six sigma methodology
- Developing a process/manufacturing ASAT with audit plans to facilitate continuous improvement activities
- Acting as a conduit between manufacturing and engineering to ensure that technology needs are communicated and new technology is rapidly tested and implemented
- Proving specialist advice and leading projects in this area of expertise
- Coordinating and planning projects and resources with new vendors and customers
- Writing capital requests, managing costs and controlling budgets for specific pre-cast projects and objectives
- Ensure processes are performed in compliance with methods, materials, and equipment specifications as detailed by Corporate Manuals, ASATs, and customer specifications
- Author and approve new and revised Activity Instructions and Product Criteria for the assigned area of responsibility
- Responsible for determination of root cause of any deviation from critical process specification.
Responsible for developing a timely and formal reaction plan which will include an escalating help chain system
- Active member of Production and NPI part meetings with primary responsibility for developing certain process parameters
- Responsible for reporting related process ASAT status on a monthly basis
Location/Region: Hampton, VA (23681)