SummaryWe are urgently seeking passionate, authentic, and motivated individuals to provide mental health counselling with an emphasis on prevention.
The Mental Health Therapist will work with individuals and groups to develop treatment plans and activities to promote optimum mental health, help individuals and their support systems deal with addictions and substance abuse; family, parenting, and marital problems; suicide; stress management; problems with self-esteem; and issues associated with aging and mental and emotional health, etc.Responsibilities and Duties of the Mental Health Therapist, not limited to:* Perform physical and mental assessments and behavioural screening of clients and update as required.
* Encourage clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives and help them to develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
* Guide clients in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems.
* Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports with a high level of confidentiality.
* Counsel clients and patients, individually and in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, and making changes.
* Collect information about clients through interviews, observation, and tests.
* Act as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
* Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge and update as required.
* Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments and develop treatment plans.
* Meet with families, probation officers, police, and other relevant parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
* Refer patients, clients, or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
* Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting clients or patients.
* Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling programs and clients' progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives.
* Plan, organize and lead structured programs of counseling, work, study, recreation, and social activities for clients.
* Modify treatment activities and approaches as needed to comply with changes in clients' status.What you get:* Flexible hours* Growth opportunities* Encouragement of creativity* Holistic and supportive culture and environment Educational requirements to be qualified as a Mental Health Therapist:* Full or provisional Licensure Status (Licensed Social Worker (LSW), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Provisional Licensed Clinical Social Worker (PLCSW), Licensed Professional Counsellor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Professional Counsellor (LPC), Licensed Professional Counsellors Associate (LPCA), Licensed Clinical Addiction Specialist (LCASA) eligible or Ph.
D. (not required)
Location/Region: Severn, MD (21144)